You probably didn’t realize I was gone since Amy has been doing such a killer job with this blog. But I was on hiatus due to the inability to multi-task between thinking science-y thoughts and mens fashion thoughts. But I’m here now and I’m ever so ill-prepared to discuss Mens Fashion, but we’ve got to restart somewhere.
We’ve talked about shoes before. Actually a time or two, but, as always, with a new angle. Today we’re talking about the basic everyday shoe. The ones you wear no matter the season, the weather, the activity or event. You identify yourself with these particular pair. You feel that they define you and your style at the most basic level.
Admittedly I’ve felt sorry for boys for years because the shoe choices were so awful for so long. Thankfully the fashion gods stepped it up a notch or two and I no longer feel so bad. But, don’t worry, I’m still judging you based on your shoe choice. There is a very easy fix for my severe judgement, though: make better choices. Please don’t show up in any version of the following:
2. the runner: you’re also not on a run. Even if you are currently fast walking or you sprint between your desk and the copier at work, Don’t.
3. The skater: hopefully if you’re reading this you’ve got more class than this and your age level is above that of 15 (which is the only time this could ever be or ever was appropriate).
Unless you are actually hiking, running or skating these should not be on your feet.
Now that we’ve knocked those atrocities out of the way, what should you be wearing? I call them the big 3 and any of them would be considered acceptable.
What do these 3 all have in common? A few things really.
1) They’re all classics (TOMS is new but they’re reaching classic status fast).
2) They’re all low profile (which is what makes them classics).
3) You can get them in any style or color you want which makes them insanely versatile and personal. You can still feel like yourself when you’re wearing what every other person is wearing. That’s pretty deep.
4) They’re all decent quality. These can all take a pretty big hit and still look cool. I feel like it’s fairly common knowledge that people pride themselves on beat up Chuck’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if the other two were reaching that status as well. The trashier your shoe, the cooler you are.
Stick with these classics and you will not go astray. It’s scientific fact that these shoes are all perfect and will make you perfect and your life perfect.